Today I’m sharing my easiest and simplest peach cobbler recipe. Peach Cobbler is one of my favorite summertime dessert dishes, especially now that I live in the south. It’s so easy to get your hands on delicious, fresh, Georgia and Tennessee peaches either from The Peach Truck or the Nashville Farmers’ Market.
I’ve recently started topping my hot fruit desserts with mascarpone cheese and it’s a total game-changer. Give it a try with this recipe and see if you like it. Have any other suggestions for what to serve with this delectable peach cobbler? Let me know in the comments below!
|Prep Time||10 minutes|
|Cook Time||35 minutes|
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cups sugar divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1.5 cup butter unsalted
- 5 drops lemon essential oil
- 1 cup milk
- 3 whole peaches sliced
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon mascarpone [optional]
- 1 scoop vanilla ice cream [optional]
- Prep: Melt butter and pour into a 13 x 9-inch casserole dish, set aside. Slice the peaches and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder, and salt. Add milk and stir until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour the batter over the butter in the casserole dish but DO NOT STIR. Butter will remain on the outer edges of the batter.
- Bring remaining 1 cup sugar, peach slices, and lemon juice to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly; pour over batter but DO NOT STIR. Sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Bake at 375° for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden brown. Serve the peach cobbler warm with a dollop of mascarpone or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Share this Recipe
I can’t wait to try this! I’m just doing peaches and cinnamon in the oven right now and that’s even amazing! This recipe is making me drool
I really should resort to healthier options.. like just peaches WITHOUT the carbs and sugar. Hahaha