I am a soup fanatic. Always have been, always will be. Homemade chicken noodle soup is one of my go-to recipes on a recurring basis. In fact, I probably make it at least once a month, and I always make a pot big enough that it’ll last me through the week so I can eat it for lunch. When it comes to being a habitual repeat recipe offender, I’m the worst when it comes to soups. I live for them!
Today I’m going to share the simple and quick recipe I use to make my homemade chicken noodle soup. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.
- 3 large chicken breasts (cut, cubed)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 diced yellow onion
- 2 C. chopped carrots
- 2 C. chopped celery
- 32 oz. organic chicken broth (or bouillon, if you want to make your own)
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. celery seed
- 1 tsp. Rosemary
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. garlic salt
- 1 Tbsp. organic ground turmeric
- 4 drops DoTerra lemon oil (if desired)
- 12 oz. bag Egg Noodles
- salt & pepper to taste
- Add olive oil to a large pan over high heat. Add the chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink. Add the onion and garlic and cook for approximately 5 minutes.
- Add the organic chicken broth (or water with bouillon)to a boil. Add the chopped carrots and celery and stir for about 3 minutes. Add the chicken, onion, and garlic to the broth. Reduce heat to Medium.
- Add the celery seed, Rosemary, organic ground turmeric, garlic salt, and salt and pepper to the soup while keeping it at a low simmer. This is also where I add the lemon oil if you prefer, but it isn’t necessary. Add the egg noodles and cover until soft or al dente. Add more water if necessary.
- Let soup cool, then serve.
This organic ground turmeric is from my absolute favorite spice shop in downtown Franklin called Savory Spice shop. If you’ve never been, I highly recommend checking it out. They have over 160 gourmet spice blends and 300 fresh spices and herbs from traditional spices and seasonings to signature Savory creations. All of the employees are wonderful and bottle everything up right in front of you. I could spend hours in that shop.
And then, of course, my favorite special ingredient in my chicken noodle soup is the lemon oil I add. If you’re not a fan of lemon, you can forego this step, but I love it!
That’s it! This homemade chicken noodle soup is incredibly simple and easy-to-make for a last minute dinner or for a week’s worth of lunches. Enjoy!