Happy New Year, everyone and hello 2017! I hope you enjoyed the holiday season with family and friends. Steve and I headed up to Canada a few days before Christmas through the 26th and then spent time in Michigan from the 26th-January 1st. We got back into Nashville last night after a whirlwind holiday. Unfortunately, I was sick the entire time I was in Michigan and was unable to do a lot of the things I wanted to do. I’m finally on the mend and it’s a brand new year, so I want to make sure I start the year in the right mindset. I’m rested, focused, and ready to go! Before I get moving with my 2017 goal setting, I want to do a little recap of my 2016.
2016 wasn’t half bad. I feel like there were so many negative comments about the year in general, but if you look past politics, celebrity deaths, and major headlines, I had a pretty great year with a ton of new experiences. Looking back, I’m grateful for everything I learned and was able to accomplish in the past 12 months.
Take a look:
- In the beginning of January I started my new job at Self-Publishing School, under CEO and Founder Chandler Bolt. I was ECSTATIC to land the job as their Product Marketing Manager working with a team of masterminds who help people write, publish, and market their first books!
- The weekend of the 16th, my two close friends Elizabeth and Anthony tied the knot and I filmed their special day. It was one of the most beautiful weddings I’ve ever witnessed.
- Later that month, I traveled to Austin, Texas for my first company off-site with the team. It was my first time meeting everyone in person and I made friends for life on that trip. I also went to my first Escape Room and went indoor skydiving! What a trip.
- My friends Carli and Julie made the move to Nashville! The start of an amazing friendship with my favorite twins.
- Steve and I celebrated Valentine’s Day at one of Nashville’s top-rated restaurants, Etch. The entire meal was incredible, but I’m still dreaming about the dessert.
- I won tickets to see The Wild Feathers’ secret album release show at The Basement East and it was incredible.
- I tried my hand at gardening because I wanted to start growing my own flowers from seeds and bulbs.
- Spring came and Tennessee started to blossom everywhere.
- My friend Sarah came to visit me in Nashville and brought her friend Mathilde and they stayed for a week. It was so nice having visitors.
- My two amazing friends Whitney and Stacey came down to Nashville to visit for my birthday weekend in April. I took them all around the city, showing them antique shops, honky tonks, brunch spots, and coffee shops. It was the best way to spend my birthday and I’m so glad they could share it with me.
- I turned 29.
- Steve and I said goodbye to our Belle Meade apartment and moved into our new home in East Nashville.
- We spent a lot of time getting settled into our place and working to make it feel like home.
- My grandparents went on a cross-country road trip and made a stop in Nashville for a few days. We loved having them.
- Steve turned 29.
- My parents came to visit us in Nashville for a long weekend.
- I clipped my first homegrown bouquet of zinnias from my plants outside.
- I paid a week-long visit to Michigan to spend time with my family.
- We went to Canada to celebrate my sister-in-law’s wedding to her husband Tim. Steve and I were both in the bridal party and had a blast with friends and family.
- Hosted our very first monthly Nashville Ladies Wine Club at my house.. and the tradition is still continuing.
- Went to my first concert at the Ryman Auditorium (Jamestown Revival and The Wild Feathers).
- Went to Michigan the first week of July to spend the 4th on the lake. Our friends Brian and Trisha came up from Nashville to spend the holiday with us.
- Flew back to Nashville in time for our Summer company off-site. I was excited to plan the whole thing since it was held in my city. We worked really hard and spent out free time at Pinewood Social, visited the Nashville Escape Room, and even rented a double-decker pontoon for a day on Percy Priest Lake. It was such a fun week with my coworkers in Nashville.
- At the end of the month, Steve and I met up with our cousin Ashley and her husband Adam in Chattanooga. They had just moved to Atlanta so we met up or a fun and adventurous weekend exploring all Chattanooga had to offer.
- In Early August, I was asked to be a competitor in the Double Dogs Cocktail Olympics to benefit the Nashville Humane Association. I took home the bronze medal but couldn’t have had a better night working for an amazing cause.
- Watched quite a bit of the Summer Olympics (mostly the male swimmers).
- Went to the Bluebird Cafe for the very first time to see Brett James, Justin Weaver, Josh Mirenda, and James Slater. It was an epic songwriter round.
- Visited Rock Island with our friends Brian and Trisha. It stormed like crazy when we got there but it was beautiful to see.
- Went to a few different concerts for Live on the Green. Namely, The Wild Feathers and BØRNS.
- Got my first tattoo with my sister.
- Steve played a show over Labor Day Weekend with his band in Michigan, I joined them for a few songs on the mandolin.
- Enjoyed some summer weather on Lake Michigan.
- Flew to Denver, Colorado to visit Katelyn and Alex and to see NEEDTOBREATHE play at the legendary Red Rocks Amphitheater.
- Celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary with Steve. Had an amazing dinner at 5th & Taylor.
- Celebrated my niece turning 1 the very first day of October.
- Traveled to Salt Lake City, Utah for another SPS Off-Site. Explored the beautiful state and made lots of memories.
- My sister and brother-in-law came to visit us in Nashville. We went to the Nashville Beer Fest and had an unforgettable time.
- Went to the 50th Annual CMA Awards!! It was one of the best nights of my life.
- Katelyn and Alex came to Nashville and we had so much fun showing them around. We loved visiting the Jack Daniel’s Distillery and eating lunch at Miss Mary Bobo’s in Lynchburg, TN. Katelyn and I also went to the Taste of Nashville event later that week.
- Went to Nashvember with our friends Carli and Julie.
- Flew to Detroit and paid a visit to my friend Matt’s restaurant, Bobcat Bonnie’s. It was soooo good.
- Went to West Michigan for Thanksgiving and got to spend time with family and friends.
- Came back to Nashville and attended the CMA Country Christmas and brought my friend Trisha along.
- Kicked off the beginning of December with a girls night out with Carli, Julie, and Trisha. Dinner, dancing, and drinks were just what the doctor ordered.
- Attended a couple Christmas parties that friends hosted. SO much fun!
- Drove to Memphis for our Green Card appointment. Steve is officially a U.S. Permanent Resident!
- Drove to Canada for Christmas, then to Michigan for NYE.
Whew! What a beautiful year it was. 2017, I’m ready for you!