Last week I knew I wanted to make some homemade sweets for our monthly wine club, so I decided on some pumpkin bars. With Thanksgiving just around the corner, I figured it was the perfect time to whip up something with puréed pumpkin in it. And, of course, I had to top it off with some delicious cream cheese icing. It’s my favorite.
Here is the recipe I used.
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can of puréed pumpkin (15 oz)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Using an electric mixer at medium speed, combine the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy. Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda.
- Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin mixture and mix at low speed until thoroughly combined and the batter is smooth.
- Spread the batter into a greased 13 by 10-inch baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Let cool completely before frosting. Cut into bars.
- To make the icing: Combine the cream cheese and butter in a medium bowl with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the sugar and mix at low speed until combined. Stir in the vanilla and mix again.
- Spread on cooled pumpkin bars.
Pumpkin bars will make a great dessert dish to bring to your Thanksgiving get-togethers next week! Speaking of, I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving with family and friends. <3